A historic and record shattering October snowstorm is on track this morning. Here’s what to expect:
- Rain or a rain/snow overspreads the state 10 A.M. to Noon
- Mix quickly changes to all snow above 700 feet
- Gradual change to snow in the valleys. Expect snow in metro Hartford by 5 p.m. and snow in metro New Haven by 8 p.m.
- Heavy snow and near blizzard conditions 8 p.m. through midnight
- Snow tapers off 2 a.m. to 5 a.m.
This storm has the potential to produce widespread power outages in some towns. If the higher numbers on this snowfall map verify AND the snow is of the heavy, wet variety we are going to be looking at substantial and very serious tree and power line damage.